Easy 3 Ingredient Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
Confession - I used to hate cream cheese frosting! I don't know why, but something about the cream cheese frosting I experienced as a child scarred me. It tasted like plastic, and I honestly think it ruined red velvet cake for me!
People around me would always rave about this frosting though. It was always highly requested from my friends, but I felt conflicted making something that I thought didn't taste good. So I put my fears aside and decided to experiment.
The secret ingredient to this cream cheese frosting? WHIPPED CREAM! Okay, maybe it was obvious, but I don't know why I didn't think of this before! My 3 ingredient cream cheese frosting is so simple, but it might just be your new favorite frosting! (I eat it alone, by the spoonful. Don't judge!)
Here's the recipe:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 to 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Using a whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Make sure to not overbeat, otherwise you'll end up with a curdled mess! Once done, transfer to a stainless steel bowl.
- Switch to a paddle attachment, and beat the cream cheese and 3/4 cup of powdered sugar together. (You can use the same bowl as the whipped cream). Beat until smooth and there are no lumps of powdered sugar. Taste it to see if it is sweet enough for you. You can add more if you'd like!
- With a spatula, carefully fold in 1/3 of the whipped cream into your cream cheese mixture. Add in the rest of the whipped cream and mix until smooth and evenly combined.
This should be enough to fill a 6-8" cake!
My favorite way to use this frosting - layered between light sponge cakes and Grand Marnier soaked berries. Yum!
Let me know if you try this out by tagging me on social media! #justbakecause & #justbakecausecommunity